Acrylic Paint (Colorful Traditional Art)

Colors are an element of art that I love to play with. They are the reflection of light.

To me they are very essential in my paintings, especially if I use acrylic paint. I try to use colors to represent different senses and emotions. I try to guide the art viewer gently, but I also like to leave some space for a viewer’s own interpretation. I might have been feeling something specific towards a painting I made and someone else can see the exact same painting but feel something else completely.

The whole point is to use different colors to convey different emotions. One of my favorite mediums to use in order to do this is acrylic paint. Acrylic paint is very versatile and its known for its fast drying time (which is very convenient for me because I am impatient). 

You can use acrylic paint on pretty much any surface as long as it isn't too glossy or greasy. From paper to  canvas, wood, or, cloth, and even  concrete. However my favorite surfaces are canvas and wood. I never got to try concrete and I find that paper is a little too thin for acrylic paints (at least too thin for my taste). 

I might have a bias for acrylic paint since it is one of the mediums that I absolutely love. For a long time I kept using acrylic paint only; it was my comfort zone. I was used to the texture and the colors. One of my favorite things to do was make my own colors. I would get the three primary colors, black and white and then just try to make other colors.



This was one of my first trials with a big canvas. I wanted to go for blues and pinks. The blue was meant to portray some of the more negative feelings and the pink was supposed to portray some of the positivity. Despite how dark things often seem there will always be a bit of good. Even if it all seems very negative. A light in the end of the tunnel type of feeling.


This was supposed to be a night sky with some fireflies. Nothing really significant. I just thought it looked pretty. 

Looking back at these two paintings I can see a lot of growth from the style I choose to use right now. I still see some similarities though, like how I dot the paint on. 

This is one of my most recent paintings, one that I’m really proud of. 

I like how the texture appears, from the different dots, to the squares and even the flat lack of texture in certain areas. I love adding tactile details to my paintings when I can, I feel like it gives the painting more depth. This painting is one of the few paintings that I named, I named it "Phock" a phoenix mixed with a peacock. My favorite elements from this painting are the different colors and the tactile aspect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experimental Digital Art Part 1 (Trying Out Abstract Digital Art)

Doodles