Abstract Faces (Digital)
I’ve always loved both abstract and surreal art. Mostly because it gives me a chance to let go, and break the rules, to be purely creative and unconstrained.
Painting or
drawing with an abstract style allows me to work using my emotions and showcase
all my different thoughts and feelings through color, texture and shape.
Sometimes it makes sense and other times it doesn’t. Sometimes the colors work
out and a lot of the time they don’t. What matters to me is using art as a way to portray my emotions; even the ones that I bury and try to
ignore.
I like to use my artwork as a
representation of my own feelings, emotions, and thoughts. It feels like a form
of experimentation. Transforming what is inside my head into a new corporeal form.
I decided to try a style of abstract
art that I had seen before: Abstract Faces. I like the idea
of drawing faces because they convey a lot of things. Faces reveal so much more than people
think. Faces might be difficult to
interpret and everyone can look at them differently. People tend to project their
own beliefs, experiences, and explanations onto faces, as if they are looking
at themselves. Abstract faces
can give people something to think about and reflect on, and one day I hope I
can master properly portraying them.
So, that
being said, I wanted to put my own spin on how I was feeling and what came out
was the piece below.
At the time
of drawing this face I wasn’t feeling all too good. It was a time I felt pretty
numb and I tried to portray that through a blank facial expression. I decided
to add what looked like the shape of a flower. I’ve always been really
impressed by flowers and I love how each flower has a different meaning.
Sometimes the same flower can have different meanings in different cultures. So
yeah, flower rant aside a lot of negative emotion went into the piece above however
I discovered how much I love drawing abstract faces.
So I did it again. This time I incorporated more flowers with different colors. Something inspired by blue orchids and orange tulips. This piece also had a lot of sadness poured into it. Very “edgy”. And soon enough I had a roster of different abstract face art. Some in a similar style and others very different.
I love this so much
ReplyDeletei love it
ReplyDelete